

It gives me GREAT pride to introduce the newest member of the Gruis household. Lauryn Elizabeth Gruis was born on this day May 12th at 1:45 p.m. at 5.15 lbs. 19 inches long and a full set of lungs!! God has blessed us... yes indeed!!! Lauryn came into the world with her eyes open and already taking in all that there is in her ever so early life thus far. She also wanted to remind momma and poppa that she has a voice and wanted everyone to hear it! Megan is someone so special... obviously I am biased but hey this is our blog right! Anyhow... she was SUPER AWESOME!!! NO DRUGS!!! NOTHING!!!! All natural and through prayer and focus she pushed and pushed. She never gave up nor did she waiver a little, strong to the end. I could not be any more proud of the way that Megan went through what she did... honestly honey way to go! Labor actually started yesterday around midnight, however Megan wasn't even close to being ready to go. I came home around that time and in a short shower later and 2 loads of laundry she called and I jumped out of bed and into the car I left back to Waconia. Megan had called and was having contractions and unable to sleep. Once I arrived she was tired enough (and so was I) that she did finally get a couple hours of sleep. I went into another room to catch a wink or two... and as soon as I knew it, Megan was above me telling me it is time to start the journey! They started a drip in her IV to help with inducing labor more.... then the fun began! She actually had a full couple of hours of contractions and then it went on from there. At about 11 a.m. she was ready to push the little bean and bless us with it's arrival. Megan never lost focused and without an AWESOME nurse Christy... a nurse from heaven.... we would have NEVER gotten through it! Christy had Megan doing many different positions and methods that helped the process along. It almost seemed that with every push Megan made, little Bean thought she didn't want to come just quite yet. Then around 1 p.m. we KNEW that it was the real finish line. Megan ran a marathon and finished solid! Way ahead of the rest of the pack!! There are MANY babies being born today! Ah... so tired right now... but SO PROUD of our new daughter Lauryn... welcome babe.... I will write more later... thank you everyone for so many encouraging words and prayers!!! Faith, Family and Friends... can't have it any other way!!! Pictures will be posted tomorrow sometime.... until then...


Congratulations Megan and Eric!!!! Lauryn is such a lucky girl to have parents like you (and two cool puppy brothers at home!) Way to go on the labor and delivery, Megan! You are tough!!!
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying for all of you. Can't wait to see pictures!!!
Welcome Lauryn! I saw a picture of you pumpkin and I swear it was like looking at your cousin Adrian. Going to get the pictures out and send one to your mom and dad to compare! Your quilt is in the mail today. Always remember that it was made with love. We are so excited to meet you and you are so lucky to have the momma and poppa that you do. Congratulations Eric and Megan you will be wonderful parents!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Megan and Big Papa!!! We can't wait to see pictures of baby Lauryn! Way to go Megan, I admire your strength and perseverance, I also still think your nuts! :-) C sections for me! :-) Just an FYI....Addie was 19 inches at birth and she was born at 39 weeks, so it's looking like this little one's going to rock the basketball court!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Megan and Eric and welcome Lauryn! Do you know that if Isaac was a girl his name would have been Lauryn Elisabeth? No joke. I love that spelling! Can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteHi Mom & Dad,
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to see you with Lauryn last night at the hospital. She is a lucky girl to have two happy, loving, and caring parents. We think Eric's feet should touch the ground any day now since he's been walking on air since Lauryn was born.
Love,
Grandpa & Grandma McMahan
Yay, so happy for you both. Congrats, congrats, congrats. So proud of you Megan to do the labor natural......YOU ROCK. I wish you and Lauryn all the best.
ReplyDeleteCongrats beautiful Mommy and "walking-on-air" Daddy!! Lauryn Elizabeth is sweet, sweet, sweet. Love from your Wisconsin family and we hope to meet some day soon. Take care, rest, enjoy every moment.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dana S.